PCST is a network of individuals from around the world who are active in producing and studying PCST. It sponsors international conferences, an electronic discussion list, and symposiums. The aim is to encourage discussion and debate across professional, cultural, international, and disciplinary boundaries.
Members of the PCST Network come from a range of backgrounds:
- Researchers working on the theory and practice of science communication
- Communication staff working for research organisations
- Staff at science centres and museums
- Science journalists
- Students on the ethics and philosophy of science and the public
- Writers and editors of scientific material
- Web designers
- Scientists who communicate with the public
- Visual and performing artists working on science themes.