The Scientific Committee is responsible for managing the PCST Network. It is elected by members of the Network every two years, at the general meeting held at the conference.
The Program Committee, the Conference Committee and other sub-committees handle other aspects of PCST business on behalf of the Scientific Committee.
The Scientific Committee
The Scientific Committee is the governing body of the PCST Network.
Until 2013, the Committee was elected internally. From the conference in 2014, the 28 members of the Committee are elected by members of the PCST Network. The elections are held at the biennial conferences.
The term of election is four years, with half the members of the Committee stepping down at each conference.
Of the 28 members of the Committee:
- eight members are elected from those normally resident in the Americas and Africa
- eight are elected from those normally resident in Europe
- eight are elected from those normally resident in Asia, Australasia and all other areas of the world; and
- four are elected from any geographical area but who are under the age of thirty-five on the date of the election.
Only members of the Network are eligible to stand for election and vote in the election.
Current members of the Scientific Committee: 2016-18
- President: Brian Trench – Europe
- Treasurer: Toss Gascoigne – Asia, Australasia
- Secretary: Michelle Riedlinger – Africa and the Americas
- Vice-president: Lloyd Davis – Asia, Australasia
- Chair, Documentation Committee: Hans Peter Peters – Europe
- Chair, Program Committee: Jenni Metcalfe – Asia, Australasia
- Chair, Web and Social Media Committee: Sarah Davies – Under 35
- Ayelet Baram-Tsabari – Asia, Australasia
- Martin W Bauer – Europe
- Massimiano Bucchi – Europe
- Karen Bultitude – Europe
- Gultekin Cakmakci – Asia, Australasia
- Donghong Cheng – Asia, Australasia
- Sook-kyoung Cho – Asia, Australasia
- Birte Fähnrich – Under 35
- Alexander Gerber – Europe
- Marina Joubert – Africa and the Americas
- Xuan Liu – Under 35
- Luisa Massarani – Africa and the Americas
- Ana Claudia Nepote – Africa and the Americas
- Luz Helena Oviedo – Africa and the Americas
- Andrew Pleasant – Africa and the Americas
- Jan Riise – Europe
- Dietram Scheufele – Africa and the Americas
- Bernard Schiele – Africa and the Americas
- Melanie Smallman – Europe
- Masataka Watanabe – Asia, Australasia
- Sara Yeo – Under 35